Browse By Letter

Search engineering dictionary:


Cup Fracture (Cup And Cone Fracture)

Fracture, frequently seen in tensile test pieces of a ductile material, in which the surface of failure on one portion shows a central flat area of failure in tension, with an exterior extended rim of failure in shear.