Browse By Letter

Search engineering dictionary:


Flow Meters : Radial Flow Turbine Meter

A flowmeter is an instrumentation device used to measure and record the flow rate of a gas or fluid. A radial flow turbine meter is also known as a Pelton wheel and is rotated by the flowing fluid imparting a force on paddle-like blades, resulting in rotation of the turbine wheel. The flow is typically directed at the wheel by a jet of fluid.